a bug's life bloopers transcript

HOPPER: You want her? [56], On review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes, the film has a rating of 92% based on 88 reviews and an average rating of 7.9/10. FLIK: Really? Katzenberg, former chairman of Disney's film division, had left the company in a bitter feud with CEO Michael Eisner. Then I won't tell you my idea. [9] Lasseter assigned the co-director job to Stanton; both worked well together and had similar sensibilities. P.T. Don't worry, Flik. [42] The second disc features numerous bonus features, such as a set-top game and a Finding Nemo featurette. QUEEN: Guys, go shade someone else for a while. FLY: What you said to us at the circus? I'm beginning to think nothing I do works. Word of mouth got around. You're doing great! (LAUGHING)Where are my platforms? (laughs nervously) Sorry, no, you see, it's classified in the DMZ. [The Queen and Cornelius walk down toward the ants and circus bugs joyfully gathering among blooming flowers, [Dim opens his shell to reveal ant kids attempting to secretly ride him.]. With the anthill now at peace, Flik improves his inventions to help gather food for the ants. You have rekindled the long-dormant embers of purpose in our lives. Walt Disney Pictures presents a Pixar Animation Studios film A Bug's Life . I'm sorry!Did I ruin the take?And thank you for finding them, Flik.Me?Ow! John Lasseter: Action. MOSQUITO: Hey, bartender! Now let's go! ATTA: Oh, of course. [15], The casting of Hopper, the film's villain, proved problematic. Dos granitos, pronto! And they're gonna make me rich! Dot, Reed, Daisy, Grub? We're going to hide all this and pretend it never happened. [Above Hopper and Flik, a large bird peers down.]. You're sweet. Greetings and salutations! Come on. FLEA: In a moment, I will light this trail of matches, leading to a sheet of flypaper doused in lighter fluid! Let's move your little keisters out of here now. It's a great story! In October 1995, when Lasseter was overseeing postproduction work on Toy Story at the Universal lot's Technicolor facility in Universal City, where DreamWorks was also located, he called Katzenberg and dropped by with Stanton. Alright, let me try it again. I'm not gonna cry. Hopper moved into the anthill, and his gang's eating everything! The riverbed floods every autumn, but during the summer, it is quite dry. [3] The first sequence to be animated and rendered was the circus sequence that culminated with P.T. Go ahead and cry. (CREW LAUGHING)I'm sorry. Katzenberg made an offer: He would delay production of Antz if Jobs and Disney would move A Bug's Life so that it did not compete with The Prince of Egypt. HOPPER: You little termites! Let's get moving, guys. Pixar Animation Studios has raised the genre to an astonishing new level". What do I do? Not, of course, that you would need a telescope to see that--. So, please, everyone, enjoy the party. FLIK: I'll volunteer. Let's go disco.Alright, let me try it again.Okay. We've been forced to prepare all this food. How about a nice, tasty worm on a stick? and towards the white background, causing it and the tree of life theater to explode, and . QUEEN: Well, my boy, you came through! There's still a few months 'til the rains come, so you can all just try again. and the Circus Bugs on their new tour. It's not about food. He's right. FLIK: Oh. Early Bird! There's a gap in the line! Sorry I have to take the warriors away so early, but, you know, they have a lot to get done, with the battle looming and all. ], [The last of the food falls into the water below.]. FLEA: Bugs will pay big bucks to see a bonfire that is starring me! How many roaches does it take to screw in a light bulb? The patient needs her rest, you know. GYPSY: I can't believe the troupe is breaking up. Why go back? He looked funny at me. What is going on? I've never seen anyone like that around here. Say, let's pretend this grain is a puny little ant. P.T. Last year he played the lead in Picnic. HEIMLICH: Boy, he runs fast for a little guy. FLEA: All right, we're dying out there. Sure, I'd like to take credit for all of this, but, well, that wouldn't be right. Altogether, several in-year 1998 films combined with Titanic pulled $7 billion in North America, propelling the film industry to a record year at the box office. Where Toy Story focused heavily on Woody and Buzz, with the other toys serving mostly as sidekicks, A Bug's Life required in-depth storytelling for several major groups of characters. -Francis, Francis, Francis, Francis, Francis, Francis -You guys, I've got an idea! We could go find helpers to help us. Embark on. Ohh VIOLET ANT BOY: You're supposed to look for bugs, not dandelions! I'm sorry. ATTA: Flik, after much deliberation, we have decidedto grant you your request. Send him to Health and Ant Services. -You see, Hopper, nature has a certain order. We are going to build a bird, a bird that we can operate from the inside, which would then be hoisted Hoisted above the anthill and hidden high in the tree. I didn't mean to do that. And that's how my 12th husband died. [7] Andrew Stanton and Joe Ranft hit on the notion that the grasshopper could just take the food. ROACH: I knew an old lady who swallowed a fly BUG: I've been working out. HEIMLICH: (giggles) I want to be Little John! DOT: He did it! If there's any way I can make it up to you Hey! Candy corn! Oh, you're such a cute little aphid. Does this mean we can break for lunch? Okay. Now you're gonna cry, right? [21] By this time, Pixar's project was well known within the animation community. SOIL: Do not panic! That loser's never coming back. [8] "I should have been wary," Lasseter later recalled. Although the animators and the art department studied insects more closely, natural realism would give way to the film's larger needs. FLIK: Your Highness, the warriors have called for a secret meeting to plan for a circus-- CIRCUMventing the oncoming hordes, so they can trapeze-- TRAP them with ease! [9] In addition, Lasseter believed that it would relieve stress and that the role would groom Stanton for having his own position as a lead director. This, my friends, is false advertising. After the Circus Bugs distract the grasshoppers long enough to rescue the Queen, Flik deploys the bird. Do I look stupid to you? Don't even say that! You 'member-- Oh, you should've seen it. Let's ride! Right away, sir. FRANCIS: Hey, hey, hey. [27] Although the contention left all parties estranged, Pixar and PDI employees kept up the old friendships that had arisen from spending a long time together in computer animation. Regardless, Lasseter publicly dismissed Antz as a "schlock version" of A Bug's Life. FLIK: Great. [Hopper flies out through the ceiling, the other grasshoppers joining him. Flea attempts to pull himself off.]. It's the same, year after year. You lied to us! Our Blueberry troop salutes you bugs for rescuing our smallest member, Princess Dot. FLIK: Get the food to the offering stone, then into the anthill. I mean, I've always been a black widow, but now I'm a black-widow widow. [37][38] The DVD was released on April 20, 1999, alongside a VHS release which was presented in a standard 1.33:1 "fullscreen" format. DOT: You can call me Dot. (GULPS, SCREAMING). FLIK: Don't worry! THORNY: At the rate these leaves are dropping, we're gonna need a miracle. And year after year, they somehow manage to pick food for themselves and you. (laughing). much to their fears and shock. Is that grain dip fresh or what? [22][25] Jobs was furious and called Katzenberg and began yelling. GRASSHOPPER: (chuckle) Cool. MR. FLIK: Seed to tree. Your instincts on that boy were right on the money. Yes! VIOLET ANT BOY: He's a stick, stupid. Oh! ROSIE: An owie? "[67] On the contrary, Stephen Hunter of The Washington Post wrote, "Clever as it is, the film lacks charm. A splinter! Flea successfully pulls himself off the flypaper. Lasseter agreed with this new approach, and comedy writers Donald McEnery and Bob Shaw spent a few months working on further polishing with Stanton. GRASSHOPPER: Hey, I think I found something. However, unlike the film, the game received mixed reviews. FRANCIS: Stand back, ye flies! They wave goodbye to the circus troupe. Oh, come on! Shouldn't we tell the queen? This would be the first time that subsurface scattering would be used in a Pixar film, and a small team at Pixar worked out the practical problems that kept it from working in animation. Let's just think about the logic, shall we? I-I don't think we can do that. CORNELIUS: Harvester. This article is about the film. SLIM: And to you, Princess Atta. And as a tribute to Miss Francis, we've changed our bandannas! Well, you're the first. I'm gonna be rich, rich, rich I'm gonna be rich, rich, rich I'm gonna be the richest flea in the land The streets'll be paved with golden retrievers I'm rich, rich, rich That's who I am - Poor fellow. ], [The bird flies over to its nest with Hopper. ], [Atta and Dot lift Flik up and land on the root. FLIK: You'll be gone before the grasshoppers ever arrive. The princess doesn't have time for this! A thoroughly enjoyable production from Disney and Pixar. The circus life isn't so bad. That bird is a guaranteed failure. Flik asserts that Hopper actually fears the colony, because he has always known what they are capable of. GRASSHOPPER: Have you checked over there? The film was initially inspired by Aesop's fable The Ant and the Grasshopper. Are you saying I'm stupid? ROSIE: Okay, I just need a little time to--. Although the album was out of print physically in the United States during the 2000s, in June 2018 Universal Music Japan announced that a re-mastered edition would be released on October 3, 2018, along with other soundtrack albums from the Walt Disney Records pre-2018 catalogue. Ow! I'm sorry, he looked funny.He looked funny at me. Excuse me, coming through. We could go get helpers. Everyone keeps telling Flik to stop questioning tradition and be a good worker ant, but he knows that's not his lot in life. I've told everyone you'll be stationed deep in the command bunker. The film was released on November 20, 1998, received positive reviews and grossed $363million at the box office. And, um, I just wanted to thank you for giving me a chance, because it's an honor to work with creative giants such as yourself. I've got it! You scared of grasshoppers? You're making a lot of sense. You just keep pretending you're warriors. Watch your stingers. FLIK: Oh, being little's not such a bad thing. I represent an ant colony, and we're just--. THORNY: It took the whole engineering department two days to dig him out. If it was up there, would I be coming down here, to your level, looking for it?! Now, let me tell you how things are supposed to work. FLY MOM: (frustrated sigh) I have been in outhouses that didn't stink that bad. 'A Bug's Life' cobbles together nice animation, fun characters and a memorable voice cast. THORNY: Your Highness, I can't count when you hover like that. It was your idea. Should I give it to him? I'm looking for a bunch of circus performers. FLIK: My colony's in trouble. DR. FLORA: My, you just pop right open there, don't ya? The wagon's taking off! One success. QUEEN: I finally get a second to relax, and I got to get out of my chair. ATTA: What? Princess Abba. We got a schedule to keep. [43], On May 19, 2009, the film was released on Blu-ray[44] and then on 4K Blu-ray on March 3, 2020. ATTA: Please, everyone. You said nothing about killing grasshoppers, pal. (LAUGHS) Oh, dear, put that thing in my car.Marker.-Flik, after much deliberation Whoa! HEIMLICH: I'm finished! Second, bigger world for two purposes: to feed birds and to irk humans. It's about keeping those ants in line. I'll come up with a plan. [10][18] Fastened to the end of a stick, the Bugcam could roll through grass and other terrain and send back an insect's-eye outlook. SOIL: The children, and myself, have quickly put together a little presentation in honor of our guests. You can rub lotion on me later, shade boy. I mean, house-trained. As Hopper and his gang wreak havoc thanks to Princess Atta and The queen of banishing Flik and the troupe which ultimately lead to their downfall, Dot hides her friends in their clubhouse so they can't be found. We just lost a few inches, that's all. Gypsy, quick, you and Manny--. FLIK: Pardon me, sir, I was wondering if I could talk to you for a moment. [Hopper slowly walks over to Flik and holds Dot out to him.]. GYPSY: Lieutenant Gypsy reporting for duty. You're an ant! It was fully remastered in anamorphic widescreen and has substantial bonus features. FLIK: I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry! Lasseter respected Katzenberg's judgment and felt comfortable using him as a sounding board for creative ideas. The truth, you see, is bad. Good! Soil. Come on! Eisner thought the idea was fine and they submitted a treatment to Disney in early July under the title Bugs. FLIK: We're a lot stronger than you say we are. [7] Disney approved the treatment and gave notice on July 7 that it was exercising the option of a second film under the original 1991 agreement between Disney and Pixar. The film's fullscreen transfer was performed by entirely "reframing" the film shot by shot; more than half of the film's footage was modified by Pixar animators to fit within the film's aspect ratio. (LAUGHING TRIUMPHANTLY), TUCK: (asks question in foreign language). Everyone, the whole colony. The screenplay was penned by Stanton and comedy writers Donald McEnery and Bob Shaw from a story by Lasseter, Stanton, and Joe Ranft. We're up next. Ow!No, no, seriously, I've got berry juice in my eye!It stings!Stop acting! Contents 1 A Bug's Life 2 A Bug's Life: The Video Game 3 It's Tough to Be a Bug! P.T. We could find bigger bugs to come here and fight and forever rid us of Hopper and his gang! Thumper is somewhat Hopper's main enforcer, brutally beating up any insect who . Can we?Just let me have another take.I said do you understand me? MR. No-no.Just do it again. Flik lures Hopper to the real bird's nest; believing the bird is another fake, Hopper taunts it, until it grabs him and feeds him to its chicks. Will you look at this colony? But my invention will speed up production. Look. I want my money back! Being a ladybug automatically makes me a girl! Hopper releases Dot who runs back to the queen.]. Don't go! [Flik rolls up the blade of grass and places the bead of dew in its center. [3][4] Production began shortly after the release of Toy Story in 1995. ROSIE: Get back! Flaming Death is a huge hit! Don't look at the light! I cannot work like this.I will be in my trailer.I need a break.Marker.Whoa, Flik, Honey.We are not about to(HAMMER POUNDING)Is someone hammering?Can we hold the work, please?People!Am I in this shot?You can- You can see me, right?And action!To infinity and beyond! DOT: It's not my fault she's so stressed out. So, Princess Atta, what What do you think? Always an intellectual treat. - [Whimpering] Fuzzy Lumpkins: I'm sorry. BLUE ANT BOY: My dad says he gives you one hour before you come back to the island crying. I will be in my trailer. BEE: I'll show you who's tough! Grasshoppers are coming! Directors John Lasseter Andrew Stanton Writers John Lasseter Andrew Stanton Joe Ranft Stars Kevin Spacey David Foley Julia Louis-Dreyfus See production, box office & company info Watch on Prime Video I mean, why take the risk? ], [Flik and Atta turn away as Hopper is lowered down to the chicks. [32] The score won the Grammy Award for Best Instrumental Composition.[29]. FLIK: Your Highness, don't you see? The ants, angered to learn that Flik lied to them, exile him and the Circus Bugs, and desperately attempt to gather food for a new offering. How can you be circus bugs?! You listen to me, my boy. FLIK: But I should probably help repair some of the damage before I go, don't you think--. The Circus Bugs and Atta pursue, with the latter catching up to Hopper and rescuing Flik. HOPPER: Shut up! Every summer, they are forced to give food to a gang of bullying grasshoppers, led by Hopper. [85] GameSpot gave the PlayStation version a 2.7/10, concluding that it was "obvious that Disney was more interested in producing a $40 advertisement for its movie than in developing a playable game. FLY: Yeah. My eye! For the Tierra Whack song titled "Bugs life", see. Just go. The ants and grasshoppers stare at him.]. That could-- That's it! We are not about to fight grasshoppers, okay? ATTA: Well, we have to try, Thorny. ANTS IN GRASSHOPPER COSTUMES: We are the grasshoppers! [22] Both Antz and A Bug's Life center on a young male ant, a drone with oddball tendencies that struggles to win a princess's hand by saving their society. More details are available in the progress report. Some party, huh? (sigh) I'm never gonna make a difference. Directed by John Lasseter and co-directed by Andrew Stanton, the film involves a misfit ant, Flik, who is looking for "tough warriors" to save his colony from a protection racket run by a gang of grasshoppers. [12] The Circus Bugs, no longer out to cheat the colony, would be embroiled in a comic misunderstanding as to why Flik was recruiting them. (snaps fingers), [Two grasshoppers hold a third, pale and fiercely struggling grasshopper, Thumper, by a leash. 'Scuse me, pardon me. One problem: too many bugs. The grasshoppers, in contrast, received a pair of extra appendages to appear less attractive. FLIK: That's right! Thank you, princess. GRASSHOPPER: I think I heard something over here. [34][35] A day after the screening, the crew visited Oval Office in the White House. SLIM: (gasps, whispers) Francis! No-no. It just went away. QUEEN: (whistle) Okay, everyone, single file. Nobody really believes I can do this job. The films world premiere was on November 14, 1998, at the El Capitan Theatre in Los Angeles. ATTA: Wait a minute. Can I talk to you just for a second? But there's got to be more food on the island! Those puny little ants outnumber us a hundred to one. FLY: I only got 24 hours to live, and I ain't gonna waste it here! MOLT: And the birds eat the grasshoppers. This allowed for the film's DVD release to retain its original 2.35:1 widescreen format. And from way up here, you all look like little ants! He is voiced as spongy bfdi. The queen removes Atta's tiara and gives her own crown to her. It's perfect. Then, right when Hopper and his gang are below, we'll launch the bird and scare off the grasshoppers. [7] Walt Disney had produced his own version with a cheerier ending decades earlier in the 1934 short film The Grasshopper and the Ants. FLY: Not so tough now, are you? That's Major Manny, young cadet. You've got a great rapport going with them, especially after that rescue. Flea's "Flaming Wall of Death". One minute, insects! You better start flying! And action! Sorry, sorry. FLIK: Wait! You can just cut down the entire stalk! We are going around the leaf. From 2002 to 2018, A Bug's Land was a section of Disney California Adventure that was inspired by the film. FLIK: Are you kidding? Atta looks up at the outside tree.]. You lied to me! Watch it!I'm sorry! [7] Lasseter and his story team had already been drawn to the idea of insects serving as characters. GRASSHOPPER: Then at least the genius will get smacked, and not us. [P.T. HOPPER: You ants have a nice summer. P.T. It's okay. (ROARING)-I'm sorry. Then she's dead, they cry, boo-hoo, we go home. [63], Richard Corliss of Time magazine wrote, "The plot matures handsomely; the characters neatly converge and combust; the gags pay off with emotional resonance. FLIK: Princess Atta! You lied to the colony! It initially fools the grasshoppers, but P.T., who is also fooled, sets the bird on fire. A Bug's Life Bloopers and Gag Reel for the Disney Pixar animated movie directed by John Lasseter and starring the voice talents of Dave Foley and Kevin Spacey.SUBSCRIBE to get notified when new FilmIsNow Family videos are posted: http://goo.gl/8WxGeDFilmIsNow Family Movie Trailers your first stop for the latest family movie trailers, clips, TV spots and other extras from all over the world and lots of fun videos for kids and their parents! ROSIE: Put the stick down. HOPPER: Hmm. That's it. All it needs is some time, a little bit of sunshine and rain, and voila! Let's face it. All right. (DOT SCREAMS). Drop the stick. I couldn't resist.Really. You see, I've been thinking, okay, which is something that I do. Good! SLIM: Get him off me. Finally, I'm a beautiful butterfly! ATTA: Flik, what do you have to say for yourself? [8][20] Katzenberg had stayed in touch with Lasseter after the acrimonious Disney split, often calling to check up. This is nothing compared to the twig of '93. [29] Out of five stars, AllMusic,[28] Empire Online,[30] and Film Tracks rated the album three stars. A Bug's Life is a 1998 computer-animated action-adventure comedy-drama Disney/Pixar film directed by John Lasseter, with Andrew Stanton co-directing. Walt Disney Records released the soundtrack on October 27, 1998. It'll be okay. FLIK: Princess Atta! HOPPER: Are there a bunch of little girls in this one, too? Hopper returns and sees the mediocre offering; he takes over the island, and demands the ants' own winter food supply, planning to execute the Queen afterward. He's gonna get the bestest, roughest bugs you've ever seen! THORNY: (whispering) Great idea, princess. There you go! I'm a royal ant, and I can't even fly yet. Yay! [10] He thought the Circus Bugs were unlikable characters as liars and that it was unrealistic for them to undergo a complete personality change. Gypsy remains inside the food container.]. I'm fine. BUG: What do you expect? FLIK: I'm looking for tough warrior bugs. FLIK: Circus bugs?! Don't let it get me! Flea standing midstep. This is the 15th take. [39] On August 1, 2000, these editions were re-released on VHS and DVD under the Walt Disney Gold Classic Collection banner. [Rosie begins to clap for Flik, followed by the rest of the troupe and the entire ant colony. The film is loosely inspired by the fable "The Ant and the Grasshopper" and the classic samurai film The Seven Samurai, it is the second Pixar movie and tells the story of an outcast inventor ant named Flik (Dave Foley), who recruits a group of .

Kathy Sue Williams Andersen, Aashto Stopping Sight Distance Calculator, Pushtimi Italian Dhe Gjerman, Articles A

a bug's life bloopers transcript